- Step 1: Relax Relax and stay calm when you acknowledge that you are wrong.
- Step 2: Avoid excuses When you apologize, avoid making excuses. A simple "I'm sorry" is appreciated more than an "I'm sorry, but I was really busy."
- TIP: Maintain eye contact while you're apologize.
- Step 3: Admit your mistake Be honest and admit your mistake. State what you're apologizing for.
- Step 4: Understand Try not to wallow in feelings of guilt. Understand that everyone makes mistakes. No one is right all of the time.
- Step 5: Learn Learn from your mistakes. You're a better person for it.
- FACT: President Ronald Reagan signed a bill in 1988 apologizing for the internment of Japanese Americans in concentration camps in the United States during World War II.
You Will Need
- Eye contact