- Step 1: Go to the NASAD website Go to the National Association of Schools of Art and Design website to find digital graphic design degree or certificate programs.
- TIP: Because digital graphic design is a competitive field, a degree from an accredited school can give a beginner an edge.
- Step 2: Learn how to use image editing software Learn how to use popular image editing software.
- Step 3: Visit the Digital Scrapbook Previews website Visit the Digital Scrapbook Previews website, which offers a gallery of professional digital scrapbook designers with many scrapbook page examples.
- TIP: Explore a variety of designer scrapbook pages to determine your own creative direction.
- Step 4: Know digital scrapbook designer specialties Know digital scrapbook designer specialties. You can create scrapbook pages for individual clients, or create scrapbook page templates for the mass market.
- Step 5: Build a digital scrapbook portfolio Build a digital scrapbook portfolio that may include individual scrapbook pages, scrapbook templates, or even complete scrapbook albums.
- Step 6: Create a website or blog Create a website or blog that acts as an online gallery for your design business. Be sure to include contact information, particularly your email address.
- Step 7: Create an online store Create an online gallery where customers can pay to download your original page templates, scrapbook album kits, and template CDs or DVDs.
- FACT: In 1872 , Mark Twain patented a "self-pasting" scrapbook.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Degree or certificate
- Image editing software
- Website or blog