- Step 1: Pull or cut pills Pull or carefully cut any pills from the cashmere item.
- TIP: Shaving devices to remove pills are available at many drug stores.
- Step 2: Hand wash Hand wash your cashmere items in cool water with mild soap, but don't mix colors in case they bleed.
- Step 3: Agitate water Agitate the water with your hands for a few minutes, and then let the items soak for an hour and a half.
- Step 4: Rinse Rinse the clothing well under cool running water.
- Step 5: Press out the water Press the water out of the cashmere clothing, but don't wring the water out.
- Step 6: Lay the clothing flat Lay your cashmere clothing flat on top of a dry towel after washing and reshape it as it dries. Be patient. Cashmere can take a few days to dry.
- Step 7: Store Store your cashmere clothing in a cedar chest or plastic bag. Place moth cakes in closets where your cashmere is stored or in the cedar chest.
- FACT: Sixty percent of the world's supply of cashmere is produced in China by collecting fibers from cashmere goats during molting season.
You Will Need
- Cashmere clothing
- Mild soap
- Cedar chest or plastic bag
- Moth cakes
- Shaving device (optional)