- Step 1: Show yourself Use a current picture of yourself. Don't post anything that is more than 2 years old.
- TIP: As general rule, you should post a well-lit picture that shows your face, but photos that don't show a face can work, as long as they are intriguing enough to make people want to know more about you.
- Step 2: Make it snappy Use a candid snapshot in which you look relaxed and flirty, instead of a formal portrait or yearbook picture.
- TIP: Cellphone camera shots have been shown to result in just as many new contacts as regular photos.
- Step 3: Think about background Ask yourself what the photo's background says about you. A beautiful outdoor location, or an exotic background are appealing, while a bathroom or a bar background may not place you in the best possible light.
- Step 4: Bare your assets Don't be afraid to let your best assets show. As long as you keep it subtle and classy, it never hurts to show 'em what you've got.
- Step 5: Look approachable Make your facial expression friendly and approachable. If you're a woman, look directly at the camera with an easy smile or a "come-hither" expression.
- TIP: You don't have to smile in every photo. Play around with other facial expressions.
- Step 6: Be interesting Show something interesting in your photo, such as a bookshelf or a pet. A sexy photo may get you lots of contacts, but it won't start a conversation.
- Step 7: Avoid common mistakes Avoid common mistakes, like wearing too much or too little makeup, appearing intoxicated, making upside-down peace signs, or posing with your ex. Your dance card will be full before you know it.
- FACT: According to a survey by British research agency YouGov, 62 percent of singles over 55 were looking for love online, compared to 21 percent of singles aged 18 to 24.
You Will Need
- Pictures of yourself
- Critical eye
- Interesting backgrounds (optional)