- Step 1: Work at event Work or volunteer at the event. Do security, janitorial services, or hand out flyers for the event. Call ahead to see if they can use your services.
- Step 2: Freelance Become a freelance photographer or writer. Call local media and pitch the event. If you get hired, fill out a media request form, get it approved, you've just earned your backstage pass.
- Step 3: Mingle Mingle with fans, media, and people who have backstage access -- anyone on the "inside." Get to know them, blend in, and follow them backstage. Use your personality to get past security.
- TIP: Being good-looking helps.
- Step 4: Lie Walk right up to security and insist that you are supposed to be backstage, and that your name was mistakenly left off the list. Explain with total confidence that you have every right to be backstage.
- Step 5: Be a groupie Become a groupie. Groupies follow bands around and frequently get to know band members. You might even get your own laminate and finally be able to say, "I'm with the band."
- FACT: As of 2010, Barbra Streisand is the only performer to have received an Oscar, a Tony, a Grammy, a Golden Globe, a Directors Guild of America Award, a National Endowment for the Arts Award, a Peabody Award, and a Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Film Institute.
You Will Need
- Job at the event
- Media pass
- Friend on the inside
- Good looks (optional)