- Step 1: Start immediately Start your life anew immediately after a breakup with a girlfriend, whether the reason for the breakup was that you were being cheated on, growing apart, or she moved out of the country. The reason doesn't matter and begging to save the relationship won't work.
- Step 2: Seek friends Seek the company of family and friends, if only to avoid being alone. Distract yourself from the pain by doing guy things with your buddies -- anything that doesn't involve women.
- Step 3: Find physical activities Find activities -- the more physical the better. Go to the gym, play a sport. Breathe, feel good, and live again. Dwelling on the past can paralyze your spirit and foster depression.
- Step 4: Resist impulsive behavior Resist the impulse to meet women on the internet or visit psychics in the hope they can predict a different outcome.
- TIP: Try to avoid music right now -- especially sappy songs with sentimental lyrics. Sentimentality is the last thing you need right now.
- Step 5: Dump her stuff Rid your house of all of her things, cleansing the environment of all reminders to start the healing process. Don't return her stuff or attempt to get your stuff back. Make a clean break of it.
- Step 6: Meditate or read Meditate or read positive, life-affirming books on accepting one's conditions. Tomorrow is another day.
- Step 7: Identify the opportunity Make this an opportunity to meet new people and do different things. Something must have been wrong or the relationship would have lasted. Get out of the rut. Remember the cliche, "nothing gets you over the last one like the next one."
- FACT: In a 2010 survey of nearly 2,000 people, almost 2/3 of respondents declared they would dump a partner by text message.
You Will Need
- Physical activities
- Impulse control
- Life-affirming books
- New girl