- Step 1: Fold Fold one piece of card stock in half and make a firm crease.
- TIP: Make sure the card stock is the same size as or smaller than your scrapbook pages.
- Step 2: Cut slits Cut two slits in the middle of the fold, 1 1/2 inches apart. The slits should be perpendicular and through the fold.
- TIP: Adjust the size and location of the slits to add stability or variety to the pop-up mechanism.
- Step 3: Form the pop-up mechanism Push the small piece created by the slits through the inside of the card. Fold this piece in the opposite direction as the original fold.
- Step 4: Add the photo Attach a photo or other memento to the front of the pop-up mechanism. Unfold and fold the paper to test the pop-up.
- Step 5: Attach the pop-up Attach the finished pop-up piece to your scrapbook page.
- FACT: Mechanical devices in books date back to the 13th century, when a poet from Majorca used a revolving disc in his book.
You Will Need
- 2 pieces of card stock
- Photos or other mementos for the pop-up
- Glue or tape