- Step 1: Put in blender Put the almonds and water in a blender and blend until the mixture reaches a milk like consistency.
- Step 2: Strain milk Strain the milk through a nut milk bag or a fine sieve to remove almond skin and granules.
- Step 3: Rinse blender Rinse the blender. Put the now-strained milk back into the blender.
- Step 4: Add nectar Add the agave nectar and blend.
- TIP: Blend in a couple of strawberries to make strawberry nut milk, or experiment with adding other fruit.
- Step 5: Store in refrigerator Store the milk in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy this healthy, filling drink.
- FACT: Almonds were considered a fertility charm in ancient Rome, and newlyweds would be showered with them during the wedding.
You Will Need
- 2 c. soaked almonds
- 6 c. purified water
- 2 to 3 tbsp. agave nectar
- Nut milk bag
- Fine sieve
- Airtight container
- Fruit (optional)