- Step 1: Turn computer on Turn your computer or laptop on and wait for it to boot before connecting your Kindle.
- TIP: The Amazon Kindle will connect to both Windows and Apple operating systems.
- Step 2: Connect Kindle Connect the Kindle by plugging one end of the included USB cable into the bottom of the unit and the other end into an open USB port on your computer.
- Step 3: Locate Kindle Locate the Kindle in your computer, which will appear as a Mass Storage Device, and open the Music folder.
- TIP: Connecting the Kindle to your computer will shut off your Wi-Fi, stopping any downloads that are in progress.
- Step 4: Drag and drop music Drag and drop your MP3 music files, which are the only supported file type, into the Music folder on your Kindle.
- Step 5: Disconnect Kindle Disconnect the Kindle from your computer and then access your music by hitting the Home key, then Menu, and then selecting Play Music.
- Step 6: Plug in headphones Connect your headphones to your Kindle to get some privacy while you play a soundtrack to your favorite book.
- FACT: In 1731, Benjamin Franklin founded the first traveling library, which allowed people to borrow books who would otherwise not be able to afford them.
You Will Need
- Amazon Kindle
- USB cable
- Headphones (optional)