- : Don't drink unless you're of legal age. Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.
- Step 1: Start early Start the license and permit process as early as possible as it could take several months to get final approval.
- TIP: Your local town or city government will grant the alcohol license while you need to apply for a permit through the state.
- Step 2: Budget for fees Budget for the permit and license fees which can run from a few hundred dollars to several thousand, depending on local laws.
- Step 3: Complete training course Complete a Responsible Beverage Server training course at a local vocational, technical, or adult education school if required by the state.
- Step 4: Follow all rules and regulations Follow all rules and regulations given by the community which may include proximity to minors, I.D. check stations, and security.
- TIP: Use wrist bands or ink stamps to monitor I.D. checks.
- Step 5: Serve food Serve a variety of easy-to-eat finger foods to prevent people from getting too drunk, and avoid salty foods that will encourage more drinking.
- Step 6: Cease sales on time Give proper warning to all guests before ceasing the sale of alcohol promptly at the time ordered by the community or state law. Enjoy the party.
- FACT: The Ritz sidecar cocktail requires a rare 1830 Ritz Reserve cognac valued at $515 a taste.
You Will Need
- Responsible host
- Alcoholic beverages