- Step 1: Work on designs Pick up some design software and use your artistic eye to craft your own backgrounds, embellishments, stamps, and fonts for scrapbooks.
- TIP: Develop your own brand and style and try to fill a niche.
- Step 2: Advertise services Advertise your services in local newspapers, online, and at craft and scrapbooking stores.
- Step 3: Build a website Build a website or blog and show off sample pages or pictures of your creativity to prospective clients.
- Step 4: Track finances Track all income and expenditures and talk to a lawyer to avoid problems come tax time. You may also want to discuss branding and copyright laws. With an outlet for your creativity, you're on the road to turning your hobby into a profitable business.
- FACT: The Rosetta Stone was discovered in 1799 and had three scripts carved into it, which enabled scientists to read Egyptian hieroglyphics for the first time.
You Will Need
- Design software
- Artistic talent
- Internet access