- Step 1: Check the label Check the label, which should read 100 percent cashmere. Pass by blankets with anything less for superior quality.
- Step 2: Buy two-ply Buy a blanket with at least two-ply yarn instead of a single ply. It will be warmer, resist pilling, and last longer.
- TIP: If you can see your hand through one layer of the blanket, it's probably one-ply.
- Step 3: Touch test Touch lots of different cashmere. Those with the best quality fibers will be the softest and have little or no pilling. Avoid cashmere that feels fuzzy, stiff, or scratchy.
- Step 4: Stretch test Stretch the fabric out to see if it snaps back quickly, a sign of quality.
- Step 5: Purchase from trusted sources Purchase blankets from labels that specialize in cashmere or large department stores, which test for quality. Then you can rest easy with your comfy new blanket.
- FACT: Mongolia produces approximately 3,000 tons of cashmere per year, which is about 21 percent of the world market.
You Will Need
- Proof of material
- 2-ply yarn
- Comparison cashmere
- Trusted sources