- Step 1: Get the real thing Get gloves made of 100 percent cashmere, written on the label, instead of a blend for the highest quality.
- Step 2: Find 2-ply Find gloves with at least two-ply yarn instead of a single ply for gloves that will be warmer, stronger, and resist pilling.
- Step 3: Perform touch test Touch the material before purchasing. The gloves should feel extremely soft and smooth.
- TIP: Avoid cashmere that feels fuzzy, stiff, or scratchy.
- Step 4: Perform stretch test Stretch the fabric to test the loft. Quality fibers will snap back into shape, while lesser-quality knits will stretch out quickly.
- Step 5: Buy from trusted sources Buy from a large department store that employs quality control testing, or from a trusted label that specializes in cashmere.
- FACT: Cashmere originates from Kashmiri goats found in the Himalayas.
You Will Need
- Proof of material
- 2-ply yarn
- Quality fibers
- Large department store
- Trusted labels