- Step 1: Consider the toe Buy a boot with a toe shape that feels most comfortable. Cowboy boots are available with pointed toes, boxy toes, and rounded toes.
- Step 2: Consider the width Select a boot that matches the width of your foot. The widest part of the sole should match the widest part of your foot.
- TIP: Buy your boots at midday. Feet increase in size during the course of the day, and at midday your foot is about half way between the extremes.
- Step 3: Consider the heel Consider the heel size. Lower heels are usually chosen for general use boots, while women's boots often have higher heels.
- Step 4: Try the boots on Try the boots on. Make sure they fit snugly around the top of your feet. If your boots fit properly, you should be able to wiggle your toes slightly.
- FACT: Cowboy boots were invented after the Civil War to meet the needs of cowboys on long cattle drives.
You Will Need
- Toe shape
- Proper width
- Heel size