- Step 1: Take supplies Carry scrapbooking paper or another heavy stock paper and a good ink pen with you when you go to get an autograph.
- TIP: Use a light colored paper with dark ink, or a dark colored paper with a white, silver, or gold paint pen.
- Step 2: Get an autograph Get your favorite celebrity to sign your paper, or even a flat piece of memorabilia such as an album cover, baseball card, concert t-shirt, or photo of themselves.
- TIP: If you can't meet your hero in person, write a letter to them and include a self-addressed stamped envelope. If you're lucky, they'll answer with an autograph.
- Step 3: Preserve Preserve the autograph properly by covering it with an acid-free protector or mat, or glue it with a thin layer of scrapbooking glue.
- Step 4: Design Design a layout for your scrapbooking page that features the autograph and other souvenirs such as a photo of you and the signer.
- Step 5: Decorate Decorate the page with a colorful border and pictures in a theme that shows you are a fan of the celebrity and their work.
- FACT: In 2010, an authenticated signature of Beatles legend John Lennon was worth anywhere from $1,500 and $18,000.
You Will Need
- Scrapbook paper
- Collectible autograph
- Acid-free protector or mat
- Scrapbooking glue
- Other mementos or stickers
- Colorful border
- A letter to your hero (optional)
- Self-addressed stamped envelope (optional)