- Step 1: Set up site Set up an e-commerce site with free hosting, domain name, web design tools, and e-mail accounts.
- Step 2: Guide customers Have a site map with navigation bars, drop-down menus, and query customers to help guide them easily through your website.
- Step 3: Know your customers Know who your target customers are, this will help you connect with them to sell more items tailored to their likes and needs.
- Step 4: Display products Display your products with quality photos and descriptions. Include easy-to-understand instructions on how to purchase and, if necessary, return, products.
- TIP: Give your customers a 100 percent money-back guarantee.
- Step 5: Give information Have a detailed page describing the background of the company and make it easy for customers to get in contact with you.
- Step 6: Have meta tags Set up your website with meta tags, which are in the site's HTML code, to get customers to your site. The meta tags are usually keywords that customers use when they search for your product online.
- Step 7: Update site Continually update your website to keep customers interested in coming back. Reward returning customers with a discount.
- FACT: Worldwide, eBay.com users trade approximately $1,431 worth of goods each second.
You Will Need
- E-commerce site
- Site map
- Target customers
- Target market
- Product photos and descriptions
- Background information
- Meta tags