- Step 1: Get in front of the customer Get in front of the customer. Establish a face-to-face relationship to help establish credibility.
- TIP: Leave free samples and literature along with satisfied customer testimonials. Instill a guilty feeling in them that urges them to return the favor.
- Step 2: Understand your customer Listen to your customer and understand exactly what they need. Discover their current situation and issues.
- Step 3: Understand the principles of persuasion Study and understand the principles of persuasion, beginning with facilitating a good relationship.
- TIP: People will do more business with you if they like you.
- Step 4: Instill curiosity Instill curiosity in your sales presentation. Invite your customer to think about what will happen after their purchase and talk as if they already own or are using your product.
- Step 5: Create a bond Create a bond with your customer by telling a story.
- Step 6: Create a sense of urgency Create a sense of urgency. Offer discounts or incentives that are only available now to close the sale before leaving their office. Watch your sales grow.
- FACT: The Guinness Book of World Records pronounced Joe Girard, an automobile salesman, the world's best salesman.
You Will Need