- Step 1: Find your font Find a font that matches the mood of your layout from a number of websites that offer free fonts to download. Many specialize in scrapbooking, organizing their fonts by helpful categories, and offer seasonal themes.
- TIP: Elegant script fonts have a more formal look, while primitive or graffiti fonts lend a casual, fun vibe.
- Step 2: Look for dingbats Look for dingbats, which are picture fonts, to enhance your scrapbooking. Themes range from animals and holidays, to aliens and Egyptian hieroglyphics.
- Step 3: Download Download your font. Usually, you can simply click on the picture of the font and it will automatically download. Drag the font into your fonts folder or use your computer's fonts management program to install the font.
- TIP: Create a folder on your computer where you always save downloaded fonts to make it easier to quickly find the file.
- Step 4: Print fonts Access the downloaded fonts from your word processing program. Use them for titles, headlines, song lyrics, poems, or other journaling. Print them out and include them in your scrapbook.
- Step 5: Use them digitally Use the fonts to enhance your digital scrapbook journaling. Once downloaded, you can access them from a variety of programs.
- FACT: A study done by the psychology department of Wichita State University found that 14-size serif fonts promote faster reading of materials in older adults aged 62 to 83.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Digital or physical scrapbook