- Step 1: Choose material Choose the material you want for your slider. Sliders can be made from metal, chipboard, plastic, or paper. Some are embellished with faux pearls and crystals -- perfect for a little added bling.
- TIP: Look for acid-free sliders, especially if you're using them around photos.
- Step 2: Custom paint them Use acrylic paint to paint your slider to custom match it to your layout in your scrapbook.
- Step 3: Get the right shape Get sliders in a variety of fun shapes to enhance your layout. Shapes include hearts, stars, leaves, and flowers.
- Step 4: Choose the right size Choose the right size slider for your ribbon since you slide the ribbon through the cutouts in the slider. The larger the cutouts, the larger the ribbon that will fit through it.
- Step 5: Be creative Use sliders not only for ribbon, but to dress up plain pieces of paper or other fibers you want to use.
- FACT: About 98 percent of scrapbookers are females between the ages of 30 and 59.
You Will Need
- Selection of ribbon sliders
- Acrylic paint
- Paper or other fibers
- Acid-free sliders (optional)