- Step 1: Punch a hole Use a 1/16-inch hole punch to make a small hole where you want to attach the brad. Thread it through the hole and simply spread out the prongs on the backside of the page.
- Step 2: Use to attach overlays Use decorative brads to attach transparent overlays to your page or secure layers of pages together.
- Step 3: Fasten vellum Fasten vellum to your scrapbook pages using decorative brads.
- Step 4: Use in place of buttons Use easy-to-affix brads in place of buttons that need to be stitched on or attached with messy adhesives.
- Step 5: Use as bullet points Use brads as bullet points for journaling in your scrapbook, as the center of flowers, or in the corners of a photo mat to create texture and interest.
- TIP: Since brads are metal, you can use sandpaper to create a rustic, shabby chic look.
- Step 6: Get all shapes and sizes Choose from a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes for any theme. Styles include flowers, leaves, balloons, music notes, and even eyelet shapes.
- FACT: According to the Hobby Industry Association, sales for the scrapbooking industry rose from $400 million in 1997 to $2.5 billion in 2003.
You Will Need
- Scrapbooking brads
- 1/16-in. hole punch
- Transparent overlays
- Other scrapbooking decorations
- Sandpaper (optional)