- Step 1: Set a limit on worrying Set a time limit on worrying. For five minutes, focus hard on your fears and the worst possible outcomes you can imagine. Then, stop and move on.
- Step 2: Visualize Motivate yourself by visualizing completing the desired action and imagining the positive feelings of relief and accomplishment you will have later.
- TIP: Meditate and chant a positive mantra.
- Step 3: Prepare Rehearse your actions in front of a mirror until you feel more confident.
- Step 4: Release tension Be aware of the tension in your body. Focus on your breathing as you relax each of your muscles to release it.
- Step 5: Take the first step Set things in motion by doing the simplest part first. No matter how big your task, remember that every journey begins with a single step.
- FACT: A 37-year-old woman named Hilary Lister became the first quadriplegic woman to sail solo around Britain in 2009.
You Will Need
- Time limit
- Visualization techniques
- Breathing exercises
- Meditation (optional)