- Step 1: Do not make decisions Do not make any decisions when you are upset.
- TIP: Make sure you are calm and thinking clearly before you begin.
- Step 2: Focus Write down your options on the piece of paper. Focus on which options are in your best interest.
- Step 3: Write Write down the problem and what is causing the problem to exist.
- Step 4: Look Look at your goals and what challenges or opportunities exist with each option.
- Step 5: Talk with others Talk with others who may be affected by your decision.
- Step 6: Listen Listen to what others have to say and see if there are different alternatives that you may not have thought of.
- Step 7: Make a decision Make up your mind and make a decision you can live with.
- FACT: Approximately 1 in 10 Americans have 1 or more specific phobias.
You Will Need
- Friends and family