- Step 1: Smile Smile as you discover the terrible gift someone has actually spent money on.
- Step 2: Act Act surprised, which will probably not be hard to accomplish.
- TIP: Keep smiling.
- Step 3: Talk Talk about the unique features it has.
- Step 4: Thank them Thank them politely for the gift they shockingly chose for you.
- Step 5: Change the subject Change the subject or begin opening another gift.
- Step 6: Give hints Give the gift giver hints for a gift you would enjoy the next time a gift exchange is about to occur.
- TIP: If you are comfortable, talk to the gift giver about their gift choice.
- Step 7: Declutter Return, sell, donate, or regift the unwanted and unused gift and keep your home free of clutter.
- FACT: Approximately 59 percent of consumers keep unwanted gifts they plan on never using.
You Will Need
- Acting skills
- Communication skills