- Step 1: Check listings Check online estate sale listings. Online classifieds often show local estate sales.
- TIP: Check listings beginning on Wednesdays. Sales can start as early as Thursday or as late as Sunday.
- Step 2: Look at sale items Look at any pictures or listed items for sale to see if you are interested in any of the "hot" items at the sale.
- Step 3: Print maps Print out an online map to each sale you want to visit.
- Step 4: Write down sale info Write down any sale information on each map, such as sale times and days, any discount days, items you may be interested in, rules of the sale, and if cash is required.
- TIP: If a sale posting has items that you are interested in and can't live without, you may want to go to the sale as soon as it opens.
- Step 5: Head out Head out to your chosen sales with your maps in hand and find those deals. You may just find that sweet egg chair or pendant lamp you were wanting.
- Step 6: Prepare for sales Load up your car with reusable shopping bags, sheets, newspaper, and roof straps for bringing your bargains home with you.
- FACT: Sotheby's, the famed auction house founded in 1744, auctioned off the estate of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis in 1996.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Reusable shopping totes
- Vehicle with cargo space