- Step 1: Use whisk Break up larger lumps by continuously whisking the gravy in a figure-eight pattern. Use a mesh strainer to strain any remaining large lumps.
- Step 2: Mix flour and warm water Make a small mixture of one part flour and three parts warm water in a jar.
- TIP: Shake well to blend.
- Step 3: Whisk into gravy Whisk a small amount into the lumpy gravy until the flour taste and lumps are gone.
- Step 4: Pulse in blender Take the lumpy gravy and pulse it a few times in a blender to eliminate any lumps. Return the gravy to the saucepan and reheat. Enjoy your smooth gravy over your mashed potatoes and turkey.
- FACT: Americans eat more than 535 million pounds of turkey on Thanksgiving day.
You Will Need
- Fine mesh strainer