- Step 1: Power up Develop an amazing ability. Hang out near DNA-altering devices or animals, travel to a planet with a different sun, or have mystical beings imbue you with incredible gifts -- whatever turns your regular powers into superpowers!
- TIP: If you can't develop superpowers, develop a super body and carry incredible gadgets.
- Step 2: Dress up Wear a form-fitting costume that lets you move with ease and shows off your super assets. Cover your face so you can avoid autograph hounds and lawsuits during off-hours.
- TIP: Have distinct public and superhero personae so no one suspects your secret.
- Step 3: Battle foes Find super-powered archenemies, criminal masterminds, and unsavory characters to defeat. If a villain is especially tough, join other superheroes and fight together for truth, justice, and headlines.
- Step 4: Be flexible Work for a company that monitors news or builds secret weapons to keep up with criminal activity. Keep a flexible schedule or make your own hours so you can race to the rescue before it's too late!
- Step 5: Do unto others Adhere to a strict moral code that keeps you on the side of good. If you find yourself getting corrupted, refer to a tragic moment in your past for guidance.
- Step 6: Hide away Build a secret hideout or headquarters to escape the great responsibility that comes with great power; even superheroes need a place to get away.
- FACT: In 2010, a copy of Detective Comics No. 27 from May 1939, in which Batman makes his first appearance, sold for $1,075,500.
You Will Need
- Flexible schedule
- Moral code
- Secret headquarters
- Incredible gadgets (optional)
- Super friends (optional)
- Tragic past (optional)