- Step 1: Boost immune system Boost your immune system with vitamin C and zinc lozenges to help fight infection in your throat and reclaim your voice.
- TIP: Eat something before taking zinc as it can cause nausea when taken on an empty stomach.
- Step 2: Rest your voice Rest your voice and avoid speaking and breathing in any harsh containments, such as smoke, especially if you're sick.
- TIP: Avoid whispering as it strains the vocal chords almost as much as shouting.
- Step 3: Drink lots of fluids Drink lots of fluids, preferably water, to stay hydrated. Try lemon or ginger tea with honey, which is naturally antibacterial.
- Step 4: Skip certain foods Skip fatty, salty, and spicy foods as well as chocolate and alcohol as these can irritate your throat and lead to acid reflux and cause laryngitis.
- Step 5: Take hot shower Take a hot shower to soothe the inflammation with some steam, or lay over a bowl of steaming water with a towel placed over your head.
- Step 6: See a doctor See a doctor if the symptoms or pain worsen, or if your voice doesn't return within a few weeks.
- FACT: Mute swans were the royal bird in the United Kingdom during the 16th and 17th century, and only the king and queen were allowed to eat roast swan.
You Will Need
- Vitamin C and zinc lozenges
- Tea with honey