- Step 1: Know the carrier Know the cellphone carrier the recipient is using.
- Step 2: Learn popular extensions Learn the MMS extensions of the popular carriers by searching for them on the companies' websites. The e-mail address of the cell phone is the 10-digit cellphone number followed by the at sign, and then the carrier's MMS extension.
- Step 3: Open e-mail Open your e-mail program and create a new message. Insert the picture you would like to send along with your message.
- TIP: Make sure the picture does not exceed 480 by 640 pixels.
- Step 4: Enter the e-mail Enter the cellphone's e-mail address, which is the 10-digit cellphone number followed by the carrier's MMS extension.
- Step 5: Know text charges Know that these messages are free for you to send but will come through to the recipient as MMS messages, so text-messaging charges will apply.
- FACT: A 2009 survey found that 83 percent of adults in the U.S. have cellphones.
You Will Need
- Recipient's cellphone number and carrier
- MMS extensions
- Internet access