- Step 1: Sit correctly Sit ergonomically with your shoulders back, head straight, feet flat on the floor. and legs at a 90 degree angle from the spine.
- TIP: When sitting at a computer, the monitor should be 24 to 30 inches away and about 20 degrees below your line of sight. Position the keyboard so your arms are at a 90 degree angle.
- Step 2: Choose a comfortable chair Choose a comfortable, adjustable padded chair with arm pads.
- Step 3: Move around Move around. Do not sit in the same position for long periods of time.
- Step 4: Exercise all parts of the body Exercise all muscles of the body. Focus on core and back muscles that are essential for correct posture.
- TIP: Hire a personal trainer who is certified in sports medicine perform a postural analysis and recommend exercises that correct any issues.
- Step 5: Lead a healthy lifestyle Lead a healthy lifestyle: eat nutritious foods, do not smoke, and avoid excessive alcohol consumption. This will also prevent a number of other health problems.
- FACT: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, written by Victor Hugo in 1831, is about Quasimodo, a deformed bell ringer.
You Will Need
- Comfortable chair
- Time to exercise
- Trainer (optional)