- Step 1: Make cutouts Make sugar cookie cutouts of a lion, a football, a basketball jersey, or a round circle using cookie cutters. Bake according to package directions.
- TIP: Add flavor to the dough by adding a hint of cinnamon, lemon zest, or brandy.
- Step 2: Outline and fill Outline and fill cookies in with blue or white royal icing to match the school colors using the pastry bag and a variety of pastry tips.
- Step 3: Pipe a picture Write "PennState" or "Go Lions!" using melted chocolate or royal icing. With a steady hand, you can pipe a picture of a Nittany Lion, the school mascot.
- TIP: The official Penn State athletic logo uses PennState as 1 word.
- Step 4: Add finishing touch Add the finishing touch by adding colored sanding sugar to give it a sparkling effect. Don't forget to cheer: "We are ... Penn State!"
- FACT: Penn State's football stadium is called Beaver Stadium and it has a seating capacity of 107,282.
You Will Need
- Sugar cookies
- Variety of cookie cutters
- Different colored royal icing
- Pastry bag and tips
- Melted chocolate
- Colored sanding sugar
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Lemon zest (optional)
- Brandy (optional)