- Step 1: Roll out dough Roll out the dough with the rolling pin. Press the cookie cutter into the dough to form individual cookies and transfer them to a cookie sheet.
- Step 2: Bake Bake as directed or until golden brown. Let the cookies cool completely.
- Step 3: Divide icing Divide the icing into thirds. Color one third orange, using the yellow food coloring and adding a few drops of red. Color one third green, using the yellow food coloring with a few drops of blue. Color the rest using the blue food coloring.
- Step 4: Frost Frost the cookies using the spatula or butter knife. For cookies shaped in the letters U and F, frost them using either the blue or the orange, and use the opposite color for piping.
- Step 5: Make a Gator Use the green icing to frost the cookies shaped like the Gator mascot. Frost the Gator's jersey with the orange. Let the icing dry completely.
- TIP: Let dry six hours or overnight for best results.
- Step 6: Pipe Use the opposite color, either blue or orange, in the pastry bag and a fine tip to pipe a border around the letters or make a letter 'F' on the Gator's jersey. Victory is sweet!
- FACT: The University of Florida is Florida's largest university and the fourth-largest in the United States.
You Will Need
- Sugar cookie dough
- Royal icing
- and blue food coloring
- Rolling pin
- UF-logo cookie cutters
- Pastry bag
- Pastry tips