- Step 1: Show kindness Greet people with a holiday wish and smile wherever you are.
- Step 2: Blast holiday music Clean the house while blasting cheerful holiday music and belt out a tune to get your spirits up.
- Step 3: Decorate the house Decorate the house in festive colors. Hang mistletoe and set out red and green candles, tape up friends' greeting cards, hang stockings on the mantle, and put the tree up early.
- TIP: Include the kids by letting them make their own decorations and crafts for the tree.
- Step 4: Decorate the outside of the home Hang outdoor lights along the eaves, over the trees, and on the bushes. Paint a special Christmas letter box for the porch. Buy animated and lit reindeer, and other decorations for the lawn.
- Step 5: Volunteer to help others Volunteer to bring toys, clothing, or a little cheer to those not as well off. Give to others around you, shoveling the walk for an elderly neighbor, making cookies, or helping out at church.
- TIP: Take some time to reflect on your blessings. Make this a family ritual.
- Step 6: Watch Christmas movies Watch Christmas movies with the family to get everyone in the spirit. Before bed, tell the kids Christmas stories to make it a season they will never forget.
- Step 7: Send personalized letters Send out personalized, old-fashioned, well-wishing notes and letters to friends, family, and associates. Everyone likes to get a nice letter this time of year.
- FACT: A box office flop when it was released in 1946, It's a Wonderful Life became the film classic it is today around 1974 when it became public domain and could be run on television for free.
You Will Need
- Holiday music
- Christmas tree
- Volunteer work
- Christmas movies
- Personalized letters