- Step 1: Open account Open a Twitter account at twitter.com.
- Step 2: Text Send a text message to 40404 with the word START if you live in the U.S.
- TIP: Each country has a different short code, the number you have to text get on Twitter. Be sure to check to see which one your country uses.
- Step 3: Expect a reply Expect a reply from Twitter asking for your username. Your username can be whatever you want, so personalize it to set yourself apart.
- Step 4: Send username Send your Twitter username.
- Step 5: Send password Send your password when Twitter asks for it.
- TIP: Passwords are case-sensitive.
- Step 6: Reply with OK Reply with OK when Twitter asks you if you want to use Twitter on your phone. Happy tweeting!
- FACT: Twitter paid its designer $6 for their bird graphic that is seen on Twitter's homepage.
You Will Need
- Twitter account
- Cell phone