- Step 1: Hang the curtains Start by rehanging the curtains after having them cleaned. This allows the natural weight of the fabric to remove wrinkles on its own.
- Step 2: Use a steamer After a couple of days, use a steamer to carefully remove wrinkles from curtains if they are still present. Make sure to not wet the fabric.
- TIP: Do not steam silk curtains. They can show water marks and can shrink.
- Step 3: Use an iron Take the curtains down and use an iron if wrinkles still remain. For fabrics other than cotton, place a cotton sheet over the fabric prior to ironing.
- TIP: For silk curtains, place on an ironing board and iron on a low-heat setting.
- Step 4: See a professional Take your curtains to a professional upholstery cleaner or dry cleaner if wrinkles still remain. Now enjoy the look of your crisp, clean, wrinkle-free curtains.
- FACT: The world record as of 2008 for the tallest curtains measured was 239 feet, 6 inches long. They were sewn by 25 people over a 2-week period.
You Will Need
- Dry cleaner