- Step 1: Visit Yahoo! site Open a web browser on your computer and type http://messenger.yahoo.com/ into the address bar. Hit Enter on your keyboard or the "go" button in your browser.
- Step 2: Select Download Now Click the Download Now button on the Yahoo! Messenger homepage.
- TIP: The site automatically detects whether you are using a Mac, PC, or mobile device.
- Step 3: Click Download Now Click the second Download Now button.
- Step 4: Click Run On a PC, click the Run button when prompted. Answer "Yes" when prompted to make changes to your computer.
- Step 5: Accept the Terms of Service.
- Step 6: Click Next On a PC, click "Install" on the install Yahoo! Messenger pop-up window.
- Step 7: Select Accept and Next If you're using a Mac, be sure to add the Yahoo! Messenger icon to your applications folder.
- Step 8: Get Yahoo! ID Select the link for "Get a new Yahoo! ID" on the Yahoo! Messenger pop-up window.
- TIP: If you already use Yahoo! Mail for your email or any other Yahoo! service, you can use your current Yahoo! ID.
- Step 9: Complete registration Complete the registration form for a new ID and password. Select Create Account and begin chatting, video conferencing, using voice chat from your computer, forwarding calls to your mobile or cell phone, or sending pictures to your buddies.
- FACT: Yahoo! was started by two Ph.D. students at Stanford University in 1994 as a hobby.
You Will Need
- Internet access