- Step 1: Spritz hair Spritz a few squirts of water-based spray gel on your hair. This will leave your hair more manageable and softer.
- TIP: Avoid taking a hot shower, going in a sauna, hot tub, or steam bath, as the hot water can leave your hair frizzy and the steam will dehydrate your hair.
- Step 2: Use heat Wrap a section of hair around a round brush and roll it close to the scalp. If you have straight hair, use a paddle brush.
- TIP: If you have curly hair, scrunch your hair with your fingers and skip the brush.
- Step 3: Hold the dryer Hold the dryer over the section for 10 to 15 seconds depending on the thickness of your hair. The hot air will add volume and dry excess sweat on the scalp.
- Step 4: Preserve the volume Preserve the volume by keeping your hair wrapped around the brush until it cools. Then unwind the brush rather than pulling the brush through your hair, which could leave it flat.
- Step 5: Add bounce Add bounce to your hair by holding the brush a few inches from the ends and flicking your wrist as you blow dry.
- Step 6: Look in mirror Look in the mirror to make any minor adjustments. Put on deodorant and a squirt of perfume. No one will know you just left the gym.
- FACT: Hair grows slower at night than during the day, and grows faster in the summer than in the winter.
You Will Need
- Water-based spray gel
- Round brush