- Step 1: Collect catalogs Collect catalogs from your child's favorite stores and have them browse for gift ideas.
- Step 2: Take notes Note the things your child shows interest in on TV advertisements and when you're out shopping together.
- Step 3: Write a list Sit down with your child with a pen and paper and make a list together. Ask what they want for Christmas. Remind them of things they have previously requested.
- TIP: Ask for detailed information, like where they saw the item.
- Step 4: List the items List the items in order of importance to the child. Remind them that they will not be getting everything on the list -- it is only a list of ideas.
- TIP: Include items that you and other family members can afford. A list full of unattainable toys will only lead to disappointment on Christmas Day.
- Step 5: Decorate the list Have your child decorate the list with crayons to give it a personal touch.
- Step 6: Deliver the list Go to see Santa and deliver your letter. If Santa is not coming to your town before Christmas, mail the letter to the North Pole, but not before making a copy for yourself.
- FACT: St. Nicholas was the patron saint of sailors and navigators.
You Will Need
- Christmas catalogs
- Pen and paper