- : Always consult a physician before attempting to do any exercise or exercise plan.
- Step 1: Evaluate your personality Evaluate your personality and honestly examine how social, motivated, aggressive, competitive, and safety-conscious you are.
- TIP: Take an online or professionally administered personality test to help pinpoint your strengths, weaknesses, and personal preferences more easily.
- Step 2: Write out goals Write out as many clear goals as you can and note your reasons for wanting to work out and get fit.
- Step 3: Hire a trainer Hire a personal trainer to help create a workout plan and routine that is right for you based on your personality and goals.
- Step 4: Accept change Accept suggestions and criticisms from your trainer and don't fall back on old habits. Often a mental adjustment is the most difficult part of a workout plan.
- Step 5: Keep trying Keep adjusting your routine as you try to find a style that suits your capabilities and don't give up when things get tough.
- FACT: Americans spend about $40 billion each year on diet products and other fat loss supplements and programs.
You Will Need
- Pen and paper
- Personal trainer
- Personality test (optional)