- Step 1: Get a French manicure Get a French manicure or give one to yourself at home.
- Step 2: Separate rhinestones Make sure your nails are thoroughly dry, and separate the rhinestones by color.
- TIP: Go to a beauty supply store if you can't find rhinestones at your local drugstore.
- Step 3: Apply topcoat Apply a clear topcoat to one nail.
- Step 4: Add rhinestones Dip one end of the toothpick or orange stick into water. Pick up a single rhinestone, with the moist end of toothpick, and place it onto the nail's wet topcoat. Press it firmly into the nail.
- Step 5: Repeat Repeat, applying the rhinestones horizontally across your nail in rows. Apply a topcoat to the next nail and repeat.
- Step 6: Apply topcoat Apply one or two more coats of topcoat to set the rhinestones in place. Freshen your topcoat every two to three days and your sparkling new digits should last up to a week.
- FACT: About half of all children between the ages of 10 and 18 bite their nails at some time. The majority of people stop on their own by age 30.
You Will Need
- French manicure
- Clear topcoat
- 1- or 2-mm. rhinestones
- Toothpick or orange stick
- Beauty supply store (optional)