- Step 1: Choose a spot Choose a romantic spot for your campsite and make reservations a few weeks in advance. Consider a site on an ocean or lake, in the mountains, or desert canyon.
- TIP: Choose an isolated location to allow you and your partner the privacy to do as you please.
- Step 2: Keep it short Limit your trip to two days and one beautiful night to remember. Going too long without a shower, a comfy bed, and modern conveniences can dampen even the most romantic feelings.
- Step 3: Plan activities Plan activities to do together during the day that you both enjoy, like hiking, mountain biking, sailing, skiing, horseback riding, or just walking on the beach.
- Step 4: Bring easy food Bring a cooler full of picnic food and a bottle of wine, hot cocoa, or your favorite beverages -- and don't forget a decadent dessert.
- TIP: Bring a fire starter to light a campfire for snuggling in front of or light some candles for instant romance.
- Step 5: Sleep together Keep blankets handy to stay warm together. Before bed, zip two sleeping bags together so you can snuggle and spoon after your great outdoor adventures.
- FACT: Studies have shown that people feel more romantic when they've gotten some exercise during the day.
You Will Need
- Romantic destination
- Outdoor activites
- Cooler with food and beverages
- Warm blankets
- 2 sleeping bags that zip together
- Isolation (optional)
- Fire starter or matches and candles (optional)