- Step 1: Gather cookie cutters Look for wedding-themed cookies cutters, like a wedding gown, a diamond engagement ring, a tiara, or a wedding cake. Depending on the guest list, you may opt for more risque, adult-themed cookie cutters.
- Step 2: Roll dough Roll out the sugar cookie dough with the rolling pin. Use the cookie cutters to press into the dough to form individual cookies.
- Step 3: Bake Transfer cookies to a cookie sheet and bake as directed or until golden brown. Let the cookies cool completely.
- Step 4: Divide icing Divide the icing into thirds, using a different food coloring for each.
- TIP: Use the wedding colors to personalize the cookies.
- Step 5: Frost Frost the cookies with one color icing using the offset spatula or butter knife and allow the icing to dry completely.
- Step 6: Pipe Fill the pastry bag with a different color frosting and use a fine tip to outline the cookies and create details, including rosettes, flowers, names, or initials. Just think of your cookies as giving the bride a taste of married life.
- FACT: Bachelorette parties are known as hen parties or hen nights in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Australia, and are called stagette parties in Canada.
You Will Need
- Sugar cookie dough
- Royal icing
- Food coloring
- Wedding-themed cookie cutters
- Rolling pin
- Offset spatula
- Pastry bag
- Pastry tips