- Step 1: Roll dough Roll out the sugar cookie dough with the rolling pin. Use the cookie cutter to press into the dough to form individual cookies.
- Step 2: Bake Bake the cookies as directed or until golden brown. Let the cookies cool completely.
- Step 3: Divide icing Divide the icing, adding a drop or two of red to about ten drops of yellow to make one-quarter of the frosting gold. Color the rest of the icing blue.
- TIP: If you can't find dark blue liquid food coloring, try paste food colorings from a bakery supply or cake decorating shop.
- Step 4: Frost Frost the cookies with the blue frosting using the offset spatula or butter knife and allow the icing to dry completely.
- Step 5: Pipe Fill the pastry bag with the gold frosting and use a fine tip to outline the ND letters. Even if your team loses, the cookies are a sure winner.
- FACT: Although Notre Dame's official athletic colors are gold and blue, the color of the Irish home football jersey has switched back and forth between blue and green for more than 50 years.
You Will Need
- Sugar cookie dough
- Royal icing
- Food coloring
- Rolling pin
- Notre Dame-logo cookie cutter
- Offset spatula
- Pastry bag
- Pastry tips