- Step 1: Roll dough Roll out the sugar cookie dough with the rolling pin. Use the cookie cutter to press into the dough to form individual cookies.
- Step 2: Bake Bake the cookies as directed or until golden brown. Let the cookies cool completely.
- Step 3: Divide icing Divide the icing, coloring about one-quarter of the icing gold by adding a drop or two of red to ten drops of yellow. Color the rest of the icing, using ten drops of red food coloring with a few drops of green to make a dark red.
- Step 4: Frost Frost the cookies with the dark red frosting using the offset spatula or a butter knife and allow the icing to dry completely.
- TIP: For best results, let dry 6 hours or overnight.
- Step 5: Pipe Fill the pastry bag with the gold frosting and use a fine tip to outline the USC or SC letters. Go Trojans!
- FACT: University of Southern California officially opened in 1880, with 53 students and ten faculty.
You Will Need
- Sugar cookie dough
- Royal icing
- and green food coloring
- Rolling pin
- USC-logo cookie cutters
- Offset spatula
- Pastry bag
- Pastry tips