- Step 1: Choose an antenna Choose a combined VHF/UHF antenna. As of 2009, TV signals are all digital, so antenna users need to use both signals.
- Step 2: Elevate the antenna Elevate the antenna as much as possible, near a window, and away from electronic equipment to get the best reception.
- Step 3: Adjust the antenna Adjust the antenna when you are having trouble with the signal. Moving it a few inches can drastically change the reception.
- Step 4: Aim towards the signal Aim the antenna towards the signal using the signal strength meter. The signal strength meter can be found on your converter box or digital television set.
- TIP: Check the user's menu to find the signal strength meter.
- Step 5: Go bigger Get a larger antenna to increase your reception.
- Step 6: Upgrade to an outdoor antenna Upgrade to an outdoor antenna. Outdoor antennas get a clearer signal than indoor antennas.
- Step 7: Log on Visit a website that helps you find the best antenna for your specific location, such as AntennaWeb. Now watch TV with the clearest possible picture.
- FACT: The first wireless television remote was invented in 1955 by Robert Adler.
You Will Need
- Combined VHF/UHF antenna
- Signal strength meter
- Internet access
- User's manual (optional)