- Step 1: Get a haircut Get a haircut. Side-swept bangs are cut short-to-long starting from a side part.
- TIP: Don't try to cut side-swept bangs yourself at home unless you are experienced.
- Step 2: Wash your hair Wash your hair and towel it dry.
- Step 3: Apply smoothing serum Apply a small amount of smoothing serum to your damp bangs.
- TIP: Apply a volumizer if you have thin hair.
- Step 4: Blow-dry Blow-dry your bangs with a round brush and a blow-dryer. Curl your brush from the roots to the tips of your hair and pull down and over to the side you want your bangs to sweep.
- TIP: Point your dryer in the direction you want your hair to lay.
- Step 5: Set your style Spray your style with hairspray and your bangs will stay the rest of the day.
- FACT: The British refer to hair that covers the forehead as "a fringe."
You Will Need
- Shampoo and towel
- Smoothing serum
- Round brush
- Volumizer (optional)