- Step 1: Get a free XM Radio Online trial Sign up for a free 7-day XM Radio Online trial online. No credit card is needed. Sample most XM programs before you decide to buy.
- TIP: Although XM Satellite Radio is not available in Europe, radio programming from BBC1 is included in the XM listening package.
- Step 2: Decide how you want to listen to XM Decide how you want to listen to XM Radio. Listen online with a paying account; or listen in your car, on your smartphone, or at home with a tuner.
- TIP: XM Radio-ready smartphones and devices include the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, and Blackberry.
- Step 3: Buy an XM car radio Buy an XM car radio at a retail store, or online via the XM Radio Shop. Or if you have recently bought a new car, you may be able to get an XM Radio through the dealer.
- Step 4: Activate XM Radio in your car Call XM Radio's Listener Care Service to activate XM Radio in your car. If you don't have XM radio built-in, have your car retailer recommend an installer.
- Step 5: Activate your XM Radio account online Activate your XM Radio account online. Create a username and password, and enter your XM Radio ID. Also include credit card or other payment info.
- TIP: The 8-digit XM Radio ID can be found on the back of your XM Radio.
- Step 6: Check if the activation process is complete Check if the activation process is complete. Scroll through the channels in sequence. For a home XM radio, point the antenna at a south-facing window.
- FACT: In 2006, SIRIUS bought 23,000 hours of uncensored Howard Stern radio shows from his 20 years at CBS.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- XM Radio trial account
- XM car radio
- Professional installer
- XM Radio paid account