- Step 1: Pick a name Choose a web address for your site. Use a domain registrar to find and purchase one that's publicly available.
- TIP: Make your web address simple to spell, so people can find it easily.
- Step 2: Choose a host Find a web host to manage your domain's traffic and server, which stores your site's data. Check if your registrar also offers web-hosting services.
- Step 3: Build the basics Set up your site's e-mail and administrator information so you can manage your website.
- Step 4: Load it up Add content to your site. Find web-page templates from your web host or an online service, or learn a computer language like HTML, which you can use to program the site for complete control over design and presentation.
- TIP: Be careful about what information you put online, since it will be accessible to the public.
- Step 5: Keep up Update your content regularly and give your adoring audience a reason to keep visiting.
- FACT: A 2010 survey found there were more than 200 million active websites worldwide.
You Will Need
- Domain name
- Domain registrar
- Web host