- Step 1: Wear shorts or a skort Wear shorts or a hiking skort to show off your legs.
- TIP: Make sure your shorts aren't too short. Hiking with a wedgie is no fun.
- Step 2: Try jeans or capri pants Wear boot cut jeans with a bit of spandex, or spandex capri pants in chilly weather, to show off your shape while allowing you to move freely and comfortably.
- Step 3: Try a fitted tee or tank Wear a V-neck, fitted tee, or tank top made of athletic fabric with spandex to hug your curves while keeping you dry.
- Step 4: Layer a pullover and jacket Layer on a lightweight, fitted, quarter-zip pullover. It will look stylish and protect you from wind and cold. Top it with a thin, hip-length rain jacket.
- Step 5: Get cute shoes Get cute athletic shoes especially made for hiking. They look like running shoes but have all you need for more rugged terrain.
- Step 6: Add socks Look for low-profile hiking socks. They won't add bulk and are more comfortable that your everyday footies.
- FACT: Hiking can burn up to 400 calories an hour -- almost as much as jogging.
You Will Need
- Shorts or a skort
- Jeans or capri pants with spandex
- Fitted tees or tank tops
- quarter-zip pullover
- and rain jacket
- Hiking shoes
- Low-profile hiking socks