- Step 1: Add basil to shaker Tear off about 10 basil leaves into a cocktail shaker, and add a dash of the lemon juice and dash of the simple syrup.
- Step 2: Muddle ingredients Muddle the ingredients in the cocktail shaker with the muddler.
- Step 3: Add syrup Add the rest of the lemon juice, simple syrup, and gin to the cocktail shaker, along with ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Step 4: Fill a glass Fill a glass with ice and then double strain the drink into the glass. Garnish with a basil sprig. Cheers!
- FACT: The name "basil" is derived from the Greek basileus, meaning "king," as it was said to have a royal fragrance.
You Will Need
- Fresh basil
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- A cocktail shaker
- A muddler
- 2 oz. gin