- Step 1: Thread the hook Thread both pieces of cord through the hook, keeping the center of each strand at the hook, pulling at the center of each cord so that you have four ends.
- TIP: To hold the hook steady, place a tack into a wall and secure the lanyard hook to the tack.
- Step 2: Braid Braid the cord by weaving the piece farthest to your right under the two center cords. Then weave it over the cord on the left.
- Step 3: Reverse and tighten Weave the far left cord under the two center cords and then over the top of the right strand. Pull the cords as tight as possible as you go. Maintain a tight weave so the lanyard won't unravel.
- Step 4: Repeat Continue weaving back and forth until you reach the end of the cord. Then knot the ends and cut off any excess cord.
- Step 5: Attach keys Add a couple of keys and you've got yourself a classic summer camp lanyard.
- FACT: Over 11 million people attend more than 1,200 U.S. camps annually.
You Will Need
- 2 3-4-ft. lengths of lanyard cord
- Lanyard hook
- Tack (optional)